Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Current Cacophony in my Headphones

Ah, music. Who doesn't appreciate some form of it? My reach stretches to all spectrum of the music industry and I am always willing to listen to new music so feel free to suggest some in the comments. As for myself, this is a compilation of the recent things I have listened to. Keep in mind like most great things in life, music is subjective.

The Flaming Lips, where to even start? This group has done more of a variety of music than I can even comprehend. If you haven't taken the time to listen this is probably the first album I would suggest to someone then I would say The Soft Bulletin or In a Priest Driven Ambulance. Wayne Coyne is a hell of a musician there is not denying that. My favorite track off this album would probably be Fight Test.

Gorillaz have been a band I admired since elementary school. This was their third studio album and it really blew me away in the best way. Damon Albarn is just a genius in everything he does and his voice is one of the most peaceful ones I can remember. If you don't like Gorillaz hopefully you atleast like his first band, Blur. The music and beats on this album are just unreal. The videos and imagery with this album continue to make me love them more aswell. My favorite track would probably be Superfast Jellyfish or Stylo.

Probably my favorite one on the list and somewhere on my top albums of all time. The Wu-Tang clan really changed hip-hop but then they did solo stuff and still amazed audiences. The beats and production of this album is amazing as well as some of the best raps I know. It doesn't so much fit in with the other albums on this list but Liquid Swords will always have a place in my heart. Rap isn't always my favorite music but I will never pass up any song on this album when my itunes is on shuffle. If I had to pick a top track it would be 4th Chamber with Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest, and RZA.

Well, that's all for now. I'll aim to do a music piece atleast once a week here. Let me know what you think.

62 comments:

  1. i love background on bands i've never heard. i'll keep coming back if you keep this up. always looking to widen my musical repertoire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorillaz are awesome, and their music videos are just as creative as their music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I think I'll look something up from The Flaming Lips.. been meaning to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must admit i wasnt blown away by the gorillaz. good album tho - v.easy to listen to!

    Following and supporting
    http://joesfilmnight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorillaz have been one of my favourite bands since I was 13. Flaming lips are awesome 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorillaz is probably one of my favorite bands of all time, there music is great plus the music videos.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Doc, you should put up some youtube videos of songs on these albums that you think are the best. I love grabbing random songs for my iPod but it's not big enough for whole albums!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my favorite rap groups, Wu-Tang Clan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta agree with Master maniacal here Gorillaz are awesome!
    First time poster here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ghostface and RZA are always on the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to love Gorillaz a long time ago, but for some reason I drifted away from their music. I'd love to start listening again but I'm not entirely convinced I could pick it up. In any event, I like this piece you did on the band.

    For some reason or another, your posts strike a chord with me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i needed to add new music and for sure will check this out

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw the flaming lips perfrom the dark side of the moon at bonnaroo last year. Beyond amazing. Gorillaz are also incredible, and really who doesn't love Wu-Tang Clan?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good taste for sure! Check me out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorillaz new album is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still haven't listened to the flaming lips to much, which is surprising because they're right down my alley of music. I'll definitely have to check them out now thanks for the album reccomendaiton to!

    Gorillaz and Wutang are hard as F***though

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your popups don't want to let me comment... but comment I must!

    Love the new Gorillaz album. It's actually playing on my laptop right now! Woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wha happen gorillaz? WHA HAPPPEN??

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that album! Flaming Lips are awesome! Check out my blog for some more music!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the flaming lips are awesome! gorillaz i have mixed feelings about and i havent heard of liquid swords

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the flaming lips and Gorillaz. I was reading a review the other day that likened TfL to Radiohead, which was pretty cool imo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll have to get that gorillaz album I like them and didn't even know it was out! ><

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorillaz is the only band I know, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorillaz and Wu-Tang are my two favorites. You also have good taste in music

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great taste in music. Gotta love The Flaming Lips

    ReplyDelete
  26. I saw a alt art of the Flaming Lips cover with Fin and Jake from Adventure time, shit was cash.

    ReplyDelete
  27. liquid swords makes me cream in my pants!! this album is too hard to even pass up yo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love gorillaz! nice blog brother, following and supporting

    ReplyDelete
  29. Plastic Beach changed my life :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. for some reason I never made the connection between Blur and Gorillaz before, makes sense though they're both favorites of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Flaming Lips? Only song I remember of theirs was something like, "She Don't Use Jelly" Was weird yet awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Not a huge rap fan. Love the flaming lips.

    If you're into jam band type music check out Keller Williams, he's my favorite.

    Hope you'll follow me!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the new gorillaz album art! And album, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey you seem to have a pretty legit sense of music. Following and supporting.

    http://www.masterswindle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think I'll try some of this out!

    ReplyDelete
  36. An amazing choice between Gorrilaz and Wu Tang Clan
    Both very classic and awsome bands!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, I haven't listened to my gorrilaz album in years, and only now remember how awesome it really is!

    ReplyDelete
  38. i love gorillas since their simultane performance in different places.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wu-tang clan aint nothin' to fuck with.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorillaz never get old. Even their old stuff is ALWAYS good.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Good stuff dude! I haven't listened to the gorillaz in a while... great times.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorillaz new album is just awesome

    ReplyDelete
  43. gorrilaz is definetly top 5 band all time love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nice post. Good to get someone else's opinion on these bands.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow Gorillaz AND Wu-Tang? You really like good music man. I used to love the Gorillaz when I was a lot younger, and now I love Wu-Tang. I would die for them to fully get back together.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love Yoshimi, it was the first Lips album I ever heard, and I have spent many days blowing my mind out to it--my favorite songs are "Fight Test" and "Yoshimi, Pt. 1". Reminds me of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I became obsessed with the Gorillaz when Clint Eastwood was released! I can't really reccomend Plastic Beach though, as it felt like too much of a feature album. Rhinestone Eyes is my favorite track from it.

    ReplyDelete