Monday, June 6, 2011

Another Day Another Dollar

I just got out of work today and I am pretty beat from it. I work a temp job for the summer and basically go around doing odd jobs for companies in my county. Today I had the privilege of unloading a furniture shipment from Thailand. It was pretty exhausting and hot to boot but I'm glad I did it. It was quite a work out and very hot inside of the 18 wheeler it came on. The people I worked with were cool and helpful, sometimes you get stuck with a lazy kid but everyone there did their part to make it go fast. Now, I am going to make some Asian Chicken Thighs on the grill and eat lunch with a couple of friends who are headed here.

A band that actually was formed in the town next to me but has since made it quite big is Titus Andronicus. I heard about them before I went to school in Boston then I was walking past a bar and saw they were headlining and I remember they were form the town near me in New Jersey. But anyway, they've made it big and are pretty talented.


If you have the time check out The Monitor by them if you haven't heard it, it's a pretty darn good album. I'll throw their popular track on here. Hope you guys like it.

43 comments:

  1. nice story dude, and they sound ain't bad at all :)

    keep it up, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look like adults but sound ...younger

    ReplyDelete
  3. That song is pretty catchy. I couldn't really understand the singer too much, but I did like their level of playing. It was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of them before, but that's no shock for me. Anyway, I totally dig the sound! Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna go check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't sound too bad, i like the guitar work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice song, never heard of them before. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like a good hard day's work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having a job is a luxury right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If every track was like that, that would be an awesome album. I gotta check them out now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh well, at least it is summer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm hungry now. Give me the food ._.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's an awesome beard. I want to grow a beard.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great song hope i will make my own band one day hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. what does thai furniture go for? lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Watch out with Asian chicken, I had bad luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Their tracks > band name"



    couldnt agree more

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool track. Thanks, I love discovering new bands to listen to.

    ReplyDelete
  18. At least you are making some money and getting a workout eh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. GOKUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. these guys are awesome. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. A shipment from Thailand, eh? Was it perchance a shipment of womenz?

    ReplyDelete
  22. holy, imma check these guys out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This song was pretty great, not my usual cup-of-tea, but still very enjoyable :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. get some rest from ur long day. Very nice band

    ReplyDelete
  25. I spent the entire morning reading Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus for a paper and when I get home I hear about this band. crazy :p

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got hooked up with a temp job at frito lay distribution in the ware house, 19 an hour is great for me! plus major overtime

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hate my job, nice song tho. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  28. those guys are such hip hipsters

    ReplyDelete