Saturday, June 4, 2011

Video Games You May (Not) Have Forgotten About

Hey all, hope you're all doing well and enjoying the weekend. Well after yesterdays post I learned most of my readers do not care for Kanye West. Oh well, subjectivity is big in music just giving you guys a taste of mine :P. Anyway I will be taking your guys advice and be posting some pictures and try to compile some recipes of the next good dish I cook. This will most likely be sunday afternoon or even monday. So thanks for that suggestion because I think it could help those of you who aren't comfortable in a kitchen to try some new stuff or even the most veteran cooks a new take on a dish they may be accustom to. So as for the blog currently, I'm gonna talk about some games I've been playing and enjoying that I haven't thought about in a while so try them out if you have them laying around.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
(SNES & Sega Genesis)
 This game my friends takes me back to simpler time of all my troubles being brisked away by walking across the street and playing this game with my best friend. We would battle as Zeke and Julie to save the overrun town of their zombie infestation. Developed by Lucas Arts and published by Konami  I recommend this game for it's use of weapons and really becomes challenging in time.
 
 Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
(Nintendo 64)
One of the first discussions I had with my college roommate which I still firmly remember was a discussion of old school games. We both brought up this game, it's a rare one too and I knew he was a true old school gamer. It's a strategy RPG but the story of your character Magnus Gallant is really enthralling and is worth the play for any gamer.

Tomba!
(Play Station 1)
This side scrolling adventure started with a demo disc I believe I received in the mail for a mailing list for a magazine. After playing it I knew it was worth purchasing, I was still young and this was my type of game. Basically you play as Tomi and are trying to steal your grandfather's bracelet back from some evil pigs, damn pigs. Fun, energetic, memorable.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
(Game Boy)
 This is one of my favorite game boy games still I recently played it through when I discovered the box full of my old game boy games. It's really a neat adventure and a nice break from always playing as that punk plumber :D. The powerups in this game aren't classic like SMB but they are bad ass compared to Mario's. The adventure is fun and really a good story for a handheld game from 1994.


Well let me know your guys' experience with these games and I'll be sure to check back about what you have to say. Hope you liked my list of a few underrated games. I could really use a cup of coffee right now and think I'm gonna go fix myself one. Have a good one all.

35 comments:

  1. To be honest, i dont even remember these games, the oldest games i can remember is Spyro for PS1 and Ninja Turtles for Nintendo 64 :D Good ol'times tho, i miss them..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of any those except the mario one

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Wario Land game was great! Though I never heard of Zombies Ate My Neighbors :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. there are truly remack potential in somo of this titles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely forgot about Tomba, great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never actually played any of these games before, I suppose they just never made it to my attention. I suppose it won't hurt trying to try Wario Land, sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have the zombie game!
    the snes original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ogre Battle 64 is pretty solid. The SNES Ogre Battle is one of my favorite games, really original. Tomba rocked too, really good list of games here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still remember that Ogre Battle.
    N64 was one great gift. I remember it when I was given like over 10 years before.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i havent even heard of any of the games mentioned, much less actually played them. they seem interesting enough though

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only one of these I remember is Wario Land

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Tomba. That was on the demo disk when I got my PS1.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have zombies ate my neighbors, so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh holy crap, I remember Tomba. Wow wow wow wow wow. o_o

    ReplyDelete
  15. I remember these games :D I loved them back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the zombies ate my neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. these are all new too me, great post

    ReplyDelete
  18. I remember how I loved to play Wario Land.. Man those were some great times :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice list you got there, I never been a fan the ogre battle serie, but wario land was amazing, the sequel was never as good as the original.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nostalgia'd hard for some of them xD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Some of my childhood favorites:
    Paper Boy
    Road Rash 64
    Star Wars Pod Races
    Smash TV
    Skate or Die.
    And wario land!
    So many good memories!
    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AHHH Wario was so awesome!!!!, ty for the nostalgia. Followed

    ReplyDelete
  23. These games were cool back in the day

    ReplyDelete
  24. [double post]

    This literally made me go back and play Zombies Ate My Neighbors. GG

    ReplyDelete
  25. I don't remember any of these games :O not sure why I used to play a lot of gameboy games back in the day

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just started playing Zombies again today, how funny to read a blog mentioning it! My friends & I always fought over powerups (especially the monster potion). We played on the superior Genesis - go blood!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I WILL NEVER FORGET OF ZOMBIES ATE MY NEIGHBOURS! Never played Tomba! though :\

    ReplyDelete